segunda-feira, 29 de agosto de 2016

"Hardcore Vanner" - Stolen Art Work!



Just a couple of days ago someone posted a link on facebook to a T-shirt for sale with the image of a custom Bedford CF van. I recognized that image immediately, I had seen it before online but I couldn't remember where. I even remember the color being yellow. My initial thought was that someone had stolen that image and was trying to make a quick buck. Well, unfortunately I was right. It didn't take long for the original artist of the drawing to find out about this. Lots of people would like to have this T-shirt (and probably have bought one already) but don't buy it! Here is a post he made on facebook:


"In this life, there are mates and there are low-lifes. A true, true mate (who I consider a Brother) is Dave Watts. He's the kind of guy who tells you when he discovers that one of the low-lifes has stolen something that you created in 1984 and is using it for their own commercial gain on a T-shirt they are selling via Teespring.com..................Now my belief here is that Teespring are completely innocent in this venture, because they have a very highly structured procedure on their website for reporting infringement of Copyright and use of unauthorized intellectual property..............I know..............I've spent ages on there today filling out there legal forms and providing corroborative proof of ownership. There investigation will hopefully proceed in a timely fashion.
Anyone who knows me knows that I have a fuse a mile long. I don't easily anger. Throughout my time in Vannin' I freely gave my designs to the NSVA to produce T-shirts for the good of Vannin' as a whole. A TRUE vanner would never do this to another Vanner and them using the term "Hardcore Vanner" is an absolute insult to every TRUE Hardcore Vanner out there.
I may have been out of Vannin' directly for many years, but I will never, ever forget those times or the wonderful people I met. I have a bunch of life-long friends from those days who I Love like Brothers (and Sisters). I know this will piss them off greatly because it goes against everything we stand for.
I urge anyone who has seen this shirt to please not buy one. If you ordered one, see if it's possible to cancel your order. I have contacts all over and I would urge anyone reading this to share it to anyone they know who would be outraged by what is outright stealing and profiteering from another's artistic talents."

Source: Martin Thoene


Original 1984 art work by Martin Thoene

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário